Monday, May 23, 2011

Kong Kee Mutton Soup : Singapore

One thing I will never forget from my Singapore trip 2011 is the Kong Kee Mutton Soup I had from the Family-run street food place at 227,Jelan Besar Street. The lady makes this delicious mutton soup and serves that with some hot rice and traditional Red Chilly Sauce. The place is a little dingy,dimly lit and occasionally noisy, but trust me, that adds up to the whole experience. You can sit by the side of the road,listen to the feeble retro chinese song and enjoy the soup with chopsticks and a soup spoon.



Chopped Mutton Pieces ready to be cooked.



Even the idea of having a soup with chopsticks was scary. But I saw people sitting next to me doing the art with perfection.




The Kong Kee Mutton Soup comes in 3 variants. The 2 S$ Soup, The 3 S$ Soup and the 5 S$ Soup. Must be quantity of the pieces that draws the line, Anyway I had room only for the 2 S$ Soup and it was pretty fulfilling. It tastes wonderful with the mutton pieces so tender and grainy. The rice is well cooked and goes well with the Soup. Not too spicy but served hot so watch your tongue. The place opens up only after 8 PM but goes on till 1 AM. To sum it up, A must try for all potential singapore visitors out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment